
Querido Familia,
Hey so it's been a week at the MTC/missionary training compound, haha, jk. It's crazy though. There's so much going on in here. Everyday we wake up at 6:30 jam packed with so much stuff then go to sleep at 10:30. We have a lot of study time and class time too. As far as spiritual stuff here, obviously it's super high. It's like going to the temple and being in it with the strong feeling of the spirit, everyday. It's way nice. Umm, so much stuff happen, I don't knw what to say. Oh first day we got to see President Uchtdorf. He stopped by to say a few things and talked about how we have been called of God and I think I'm beginning to really believe it. And not just say, yeah I know, because there are so much blessings of strength that we read about in the Doctrine and Covenants, so much blessings. It's amazing. Oh, as far as studying goes, we have personal study, companion and language. For personal, I have been reading the Doctrine and Covenants and starting over in the Book of Mormon. It's great. Just one quick thing. I learned is that when I was reading the first few chapters of Nephi. It talks about how Lehi leaves all his possessions and leaves things to follow the Lord. The Lord will bless us in our difficulties, he will help us and give us strength. We just need to keep faith in him. The Book of Morom es my importante. I knew that before, but I am gaining a lot more love for it.
Anyways, my companion or mi companero, his name is Elder Reagan like the President. He is related. Everyone is like, wow that's cool. I am like oh, okay, maybe it would be better it he knew a pro surfer, but he's cool. We get along good. Our district we have 12 people that are all pretty cool.
Thanks for all the letters and cards, it's really nice to get these. I thought people were all babies at first, because they were all like, oh letters are important. but now I get it, haha. They really give you strength and encouragement, plus it's nice to take a break and see how everything is going. Now some stories for yah, so my teacher, one of them, her name is Hermana Rivas, she's Hawaiian slash she's Mexican now because she speaks good Spanish, but the other day we were reading the Book of Mormon in spanish and I was reading and she said, :Elder Thomas, have you taken Hawaiian, and I was like yeah. Then she said, "don't be haole about pronouncing the vowels in Spanish kus it's the same." haha, I was like oh no she didn't. My companion just laughed because he knew what it meant kus I told him earlier. It was funny. That's for you Mom. Ok, so for gym time there is basketball, volleyball, then FOUR SQUARE. that's right. haha. That's what I would play in elementary school as a second grader. I guess it's for the unathletic people I don't know. But there are so many elders who get way into it. I'm talking about four square smack talking - no se mucho raro. So there's this one kid, he's like well known as the king in that game. His name is thunder cat because he has a thunder cat t-shirt on every day. oh man.
I will definitely write more in my email. Oh sorry, but could you guys send me like two more t-shirts por favor (please). Kus I have to wear stinky ones after gym. so if you could that would be much appreciated. Anyways, I LOVE YOU GUYS A LOT! you guys are the best.
Elder Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment