Thursday, February 11, 2010

Four Square?


To: Mother and Father

Hey thanks for all the letters and everything. That's way good news about Aunty Maddy!! That's way sweet.

Hey Dad - take it easy with the four square. Mr. Mojo. It's super funny kus everyone takes it so seriously. I only play when I can't make it into basketball, kus you have to shoot for teams and choke people like to play. But when I do play, I own with the behind the back and between the legs. Haha.
Oh, I just bought a tape recorder, if you want you can get a tape player that way I can send you tapes, its up to you guys.
This past week, we are preparing to teach investigators about families and the restoration. So I have been thinking a lot about it and how we are strengthened. I know I wouldn't be where I am right now without you Mom and Dad. I'm thankful for everything you have taught me, especially all the principles and yet still able to have a lot of fun. I'm thankful for you guys always being beside me. Helping me and doing a lot for me. I miss you guys a lot, but I know because I have been given much, I must give to others. I look at how we are as a family at the best of times and how we can be forever. That is the best blessing. So we've been just brainstorming and just preparing for Saturday. But yup, two weeks in and its crazy. It seems like its been forever, but at the same time, it's going by way fast. I'm still working hard, gotta keep working though. Got a long way. But your letters always helps. I appreciate the encouragement . Still learning a lot and it's crazy - the Book of Mormon really can answer any question we have. We were reading Alma 32. The scripture was so good. But when we were reading it I was thinking and then a story popped into my mind when I was a kid. I remember how we had those bushes in grandpa's driveway so that when there were flowers, grandma would use them to make haku leis. And this one time, I was helping Grandpa trim them and you know grandpa ... how he was so strict. So I was trying to make sure I was pruning it right. So I was listening to grandpa. So, I thought it is like our faith. We strengthen and nourish the tree and our faith day after day and it continues to grow and we see the flowers and the benefit of our labors.
But there comes a time when we need to trim and prune. When the Lord trims our faith for our benefit. Sure it hurts, but after the trial, our faith grows back stronger and closer together like a tree. When a tree is pruned correctly it's branches are closer together and are stronger. I know though it's hard sometimes, but we have the Lord on our side and everything is possible.

Yo se que la iglesia de Jesuchristo es verdad y Jesuchristo es mi salvador y nos ama por que si murio por nosotros. Y yo tengo la fe en Jesuchristo padre celestial. Yo se que mi familia pueden juntos para siempre. Agradeumo mi familia y les amocon todos mi corazon. yo se que dios tiene ayudar. nosotros un su hijos. En el nombre de Jesuchristo. Amen
haha. There's a little Spanish. Rough around the edges. May not make sense, but I am trying.

Let me know how things are going back at home. Oh, and I got a box from the McMillans. So thankful they sent me alot of great stuff. So thought I would tell you that. It was really nice of them. helped a lot! It's crazy how much letters are important. It just helps you stay sane and makes you feel stronger, knowing someone loves you. Let me know how everything is.

Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment