
What's up!?
How's everyone doing?
So yup, now I am in Linda Vista, San Diego. It's up north from Barrio Logan and is pretty close to the Temple in La Jolla. It's also close to a place called Pacific Beach. It's really nice over there. Super nice area. It's a lot different from the Barrio. Jeez, there aren't any dark alleys or sketchy places, I felt weird at first but it's good. So yeah, well the thing about Linda Vista though is that there isn't a lot to do or that's what people say because they don't teach a lot and they haven't had any baptisms for awhile. Not saying that's all that matters, but yeah that's just how it is.
So the first couple of days we really didn't do anything or at least that's how it felt. So it was way boring, so shoot! But that all changed yesterday. So yesterday we planned for tracting for 2 hours! I was thinking - oh man, this is going to be a long day. But I tried to be positive and to make the most out of it. So we started knocking on doors and then the next thing we know, after like an hour we found 9 people with dates to come back and talk more. It was awesome! We talked to so many people it felt way good!
Later that night, we went to go visit a brother, his name is Eliseo, he is a nice guy. Eliseo isn't a member but his wife is a member and she was baptized in 2003, one year after us, so he has been exposed to the Church for 7 years. He still feels like he hasn't received an answer if these things are true and if whether getting baptized is what he needs to do. So I shared an experience with him that I had about reading the Book of Mormon. Because I felt the same way he did and I had doubts about things because I didn't understand it. I don't know if I ever talked about it before, probably not. But I remember just really wanting to know and so I grabbed my Book of Mormon and started reading and I couldn't stop. I remember reading every single second that I had and I read it and read it and it felt so good. After I finished I did the promise in Moroni and it just came to me then and I knew that it was true and I also felt it in my heart. So I just shared that with Eliseo and encouraged him to read Moroni in the Book of Mormon. So maybe that will help him find what he is looking for.
Oh, but let's see...funny story before I head out. Shoot not enough time left, but uhmmmm, ok I can't think of anything. I will tell you next week. How's that huh?! Okay, well, hope everthing is going well over there and that you guys are having a good time and everything. Miss you guys!
Love yah!! Elder Thomas
So the first couple of days we really didn't do anything or at least that's how it felt. So it was way boring, so shoot! But that all changed yesterday. So yesterday we planned for tracting for 2 hours! I was thinking - oh man, this is going to be a long day. But I tried to be positive and to make the most out of it. So we started knocking on doors and then the next thing we know, after like an hour we found 9 people with dates to come back and talk more. It was awesome! We talked to so many people it felt way good!
Later that night, we went to go visit a brother, his name is Eliseo, he is a nice guy. Eliseo isn't a member but his wife is a member and she was baptized in 2003, one year after us, so he has been exposed to the Church for 7 years. He still feels like he hasn't received an answer if these things are true and if whether getting baptized is what he needs to do. So I shared an experience with him that I had about reading the Book of Mormon. Because I felt the same way he did and I had doubts about things because I didn't understand it. I don't know if I ever talked about it before, probably not. But I remember just really wanting to know and so I grabbed my Book of Mormon and started reading and I couldn't stop. I remember reading every single second that I had and I read it and read it and it felt so good. After I finished I did the promise in Moroni and it just came to me then and I knew that it was true and I also felt it in my heart. So I just shared that with Eliseo and encouraged him to read Moroni in the Book of Mormon. So maybe that will help him find what he is looking for.
Oh, but let's see...funny story before I head out. Shoot not enough time left, but uhmmmm, ok I can't think of anything. I will tell you next week. How's that huh?! Okay, well, hope everthing is going well over there and that you guys are having a good time and everything. Miss you guys!
Love yah!! Elder Thomas
No comments:
Post a Comment