Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So are you sure you got the right guy?!?

Hey!

Okay, yeah I am sorry that I didn't get to write last week, but that's because Mom was at her computer, so I was able to exchange emails back and forth to kind of "talk" to her. I like it a lot better because then I am actually writing to someone and then they respond, haha. Especially because sometimes I don't know what to write. There tons of stuff hapenning but I always forget when it comes to write. I seriously don't even know what happened on Saturday, it's all just a huge blur.

So transfers are upon us again and I am getting out of the ghetto man!!! It's pretty funny though because, well...we had a meeting with President Donaldson this past week, just me and my companion. My companion, Elder Olberg, was feeling really down and out and he just has a hard time because he doesn't talk a lot and gets down on himself for that. What ends up happening pretty much throughout the whole day, is me just trying to cheer him up and help him feel better about himself and how he is doing. It is really hard and so I felt that it would be better if President Donaldson could talk to him and help him. We made an appointment to see President Donaldson and he was able to talk to Elder Olberg. Afterwards, President Donaldson wanted to talk to me alone and then he told me that I was getting transferred! I was kinda mad, ah man, I was actually pretty disappointed and angry, because everything is starting to come together in our Ward and was looking really good, the members are helping out a ton with the work after a lot of effort to motivate them and we had so many other ideas that we were planning to try out. Our investigators were progressing and we also found a lot of new investigators.

So, needless to say I wasn't happy and was actually kind of frustrated. I just sat there and asked President Donaldson why? haha. President Donaldson just laughed at me. He knew I was mad, and then on top of that he told me that there is a possibility that I am going to be a district leader...?!? Oh man, that's when I started freaking out. I came back to our home and I had to calm myself down by just thinking about surfing to relax me, haha. So I was kinda just in a daze. I don't even know, I was thinkin like shoots man, I have a hard time just trying to be a good missionary and now I gotta be an example for others? Me? Ahhh, but after awhile it became alright. I resigned meyself to put it in the Lord's hands and I know that He can and will help me. I figured that I just got to be myself and try my hardest, and so we will see what happens.

I believe that I am going to be transferred to Chula Vista. Apparently, the work is really slow there and there aren't a lot of members, nor are there a lot of Spanish speakers. So we shall see what happens over there. But hey, it's right next to the beach! haha...um nah, but we will live right across the street from the mission office, so that will be sweet. I can receive my letters on Tuesday morning for the first time on my mission. Here in the ghetto it's bad. They don't bring our letter until Wednesday sometimes. But actually for me it doesn't really bother me.

Oh shoot! Well, we have to get going already. We have two sweet appointments planned for tonight so I hope it all goes well. Last time here so we have to make it count.

I miss you all and I love you. Thanks for everything that you do. Thanks for the packages and the sweet hook ups and the letters and everything! Hope everyone has a good week!

Love, Elder Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment