Hey - What's up everyone?!
Hope you guys are doing good and having some fun!
This week has been pretty slow, not a lot of things happened for us. It was pretty tough. We keep trying to visit all these people, but is has been hard because a lot of people are busy and so we have had days where everything fell through and then we are just like standing there wondering what to do. Oh, but it was way good because yesterday we had a meeting with President Donaldson and so he taught us a lot of stuff that I forgot already. Haha, good thing I wrote it down somewhere. But it was sweet because he talked a lot about the mormon.org website, because it is suppose to be way sweet. We are suppose to encourage the members to go and visit it and everything and then they picked a profile to show us. The profile was of Joy Monahan, and so we watched the video. I had already seen it before but this time with sound, so it was better, haha. This time I wasn't just watching the waves and the surfing part, haha. So we watched that and then President Donaldson told us that he wanted us to call ourselves Mormon missionaries, and so we were like, alright, you have the revelation to tell us what we should do. So after that we go and contact some people, and so the first person we see, we say, "Oh hey - what's up! We are Mormon missionaries." That was a rough sketch but right after we said that, he was like, "no, I am good, I am Catholic and yeah...bye." and then he just left. I was like, alright, have a good day and we kept trying and the same thing kept happening. Haha, it was pretty funny. But, ahhh, what can you do? So I think that we will just keep trying and get some more laughs in haha...jeez.
So earlier this week we had a dinner with a member at McDonalds, haha. We were just eating and talking and then somehow it turned into them giving all of us nicknames. It was pretty funny and so they called me Santamarina. At first I thought they called me Santa Maria, as in Mother Mary, that's the translation. So I was like, wait...what? That doesn't make any sense. But they said it again and they said it is an actor whose name is Eduardo Santa Marina or something like that and he acts in Spanish Novelas. Like the ones in Korean we used to watch (you remember that Mom? haha). They showed me a picture and I thought, that's weird, because I guess it kinda does look like me. I don't know, you should check it out (see picture at upper left). I thought it was way funny.
So there is one kinda funny story. Oh, but we learned something cool yesterday in John 21:15-17. When Jesus asks if Peter loves him three times. President Donaldson said that there are three different words for the word "love" in Hebrew that means some kind of love. The first is unselfish and consecrated love...
(email from Elder Sean "Santa Marina" Thomas unceremoniously and unexpectedly ended)
No comments:
Post a Comment